Letter from the Principal
Hello Students and Families of Art and Design,
Many of you have reached out with questions about the format for remote (online) learning. I have attached a copy of the daily schedule for our students and the general remote learning plan. Below please find a few clarifying points about how this experience will work:
1. Teachers will be available to students during the periods that correlate to their standard program. During these times, some teachers will have work assigned in their google classrooms, other may be holding Google Meets, Zoom conferences or simply be available via email. Students will be notified by their teachers what will take place during these 25 minute periods.
2. Attendance for our classes will be recorded using Kinvo. Students do not need to download the app, it’s only for teacher use to record who has participated remotely during the day. Teachers will send families attendance and a brief text message if they don’t see that their students have not logged into or participated in classroom activities before the end of scheduled class meetings for the day.
3. The SAT Prep class will not maintain a virtual component. During this time, students should focus on their other courses or long-term projects.
4. If you do not have instructional hardware, please complete the city-wide survey (https://coronavirus.schools.nyc/RemoteLearningDevices) as the DOE is providing families with both tablets compatible with Google Apps and WiFi hot spots.
5. For daily updates during the Remote Learning phase of our semester, we ask that you follow updates on our new Official Instagram page (https://www.instagram.com/
The conversation is ongoing and we’ll continue to provide updates for all.
Art and Design Remote Learning Plan Public Copy.pdf
Students and Parents can click here to view on pupilpath.com