Remote Learning Begins Monday, March 23
We hope all families are healthy and safe. Please see the information below from the school to prepare for remote learning.
Access to Technology and WiFi
The NYC Department of Education wants every student who needs a device for remote learning to have one, even if the student does not have internet access. If you or someone you know does not yet have technology and/or WiFi, call 718-935-5100 and choose Option 5 on the menu. Someone will help you get a device with internet connection.
You can also complete this survey https://coronavirus.schools.
Remote Learning Plan
- Parents & Students, please review these links:
- All students should be using their artanddesignhs.org email address for the Remote Distant Learning.
- The school will continue to use Kinvo to record attendance. Teachers have been advised to send kinvo attendance at the conclusion of 8th period according to the new bell schedule.
- Students should dedicate a quiet workable space for Remote Learning to take place.
- Students are expected to attend all courses.
- PM Courses will begin on Wednesday, March 25. PM school instructors will touch base with students for their program.
- If you need to reach any teacher please use Pupil Path/Skedula.
- Virtual parent teacher conferences have been postponed until further notice.
- Please visit the www.artanddesignhs.org website for updated news.
- If you have questions, leave a message for Janeen Johnson at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-752-4340 Ext. 60712
New York State Executive Order
Governor Cuomo has declared that all businesses and not-for-profit entities in New York State, shall utilize, to the maximum extent possible, any telecommuting or work from home procedures that they can safely utilize. As of today, all non-essential businesses are ordered to close and all non-essential workers must stay home.
Click here for more information about Executive Order 202.6
Regional Enrichment Centers
In order to successfully fight COVID-19, our first-responders, health care providers, transit workers, and other key personnel must be able to come to work. The DOE has set up Regional Enrichment Centers for children of these essential workers.
Click here to view a letter from the DOE Chancellor with information about how to enroll
As of Monday, March 23, locations for pick up of free grab-n-go meals for students will be changing. Click the link below to find a location near you.